What we are working towards
We are continuously striving to improve the service we offer and encourage our students to give feedback on any aspect of BAEC’s service. You are invited to do this by:
- talking to a member of our observation team, when they undertake a Learning Walk or an Observation of Teaching and Learning in your class
- talking to the curriculum leader for your subject area or the centre manager (you may need to make an appointment)
- completing the evaluation survey at the end of your course
- completing a “Tell us how we are doing” online form at any time during your course, available here - hard copies are available from reception areas in both centres
- emailing email@example.com
- contacting the Customer Care Team on 020 8659 7679. Please note - from 6th July 2020, you can phone on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. A member of our friendly staff will take your contact details and a Customer Care team member will ring you back.
October 2020 - Feedback on Covid-19 precautionary measures
During the week beginning 28th September 2020, managers undertook Learning Walks to find out how students feel about the effectiveness of our Covid-19 precautionary measures.
85% of tutors received a learning walk during the week.
In 94% of classes surveyed (including face to face, blended and online courses), procedures were effective and the quality of education was good or outstanding.
Learners agreed classroom Ground Rules together, they felt safe and well supported.
Examples of comments include
Learners are aware of the ground rules and there is evidence that the learner code of conduct has been discussed in class. Learners are sitting at a social distance and have face covering when entering or moving around the classroom. The Tutor is wearing a face-shield when moving closer than 2m to help learners. The CSA is wearing a face shield the whole time. Great rapport and sense of humour. The learners are clearly happy in this class.
This is a mixed ability group in terms of ability, age and gender. All work well together, peer support and assessment is evident. One learner mentions her appreciation that the centre has put Covid measures in place to allow the return on site to practical courses such as etching.
Learners express their gratitude that even during Covid times, they are able to study in the centre. There are 8 learners present at the time of the observation. One learner mentions that she appreciates that the tutor explained all rules as this helped her cope with the situation.
Great use of technology to aid visual and auditory learning styles. There is also an opportunity for learners to move around the room and the tutor took this opportunity to remind of the importance of social distance.
Our Covid-19 precautionary measures evolve as guidance change and in response to learners' feedback. Latest guidance can be found in the 'Latest News' section of this website.
Summer 2020 update
In May 2020, we sent out a survey to existing students to find out how they felt about their remote learning experience.
- 89% of respondents were satisfied with their remote learning experience
- 99% of respondents rated their tutor's support positively
- 66% of respondents participated in videoconferencing and 46% were supported via phone and email.
Examples of learners comments include
'Struck by how committed your staff are, really appreciated the effort you made'
'You all responded very swiftly to ensure no break in our learning. Our tutor has eased us into the complex world of online communication with endless patience and good humour, overcoming numerous glitches and preparing lessons to maximise class interaction.'
'I have been very impressed by the quick way BAEC set up the remote learning. It is not the same as a classroom environment but in these difficult times it is an excellent substitute.'
'Very good - even though my course is all hands-on, we have been given some ideas to try.'
'I think BAEC has dealt with the Coronavirus really well. I'm a high risk person, so I knew I couldn't come back to the college, but I'm really happy to be able to continue my studies remotely.'
BAEC is determined to provide its students with the best possible service. It recognises that sometimes things can go wrong and, in such circumstances, wants to put things right quickly. If you wish to make a complaint, please contact the Customer Care Team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please write 'for the attention of the Customer Care manager' in the subject line) or by telephone, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. .