About us Menu
Come and Work for Bromley Adult Education College
Curriculum Development Manager - Employability and Digital Skills
Bromley Adult Education College (BAEC) is the Adult and Community Learning service for the London Borough of Bromley and provides courses for adults in a wide variety of subjects, from arts and crafts to English, maths, digital skills and ESOL.
We are excited to be advertising for the new post of Curriculum Development Manager (CDM) - Employability and Digital Skills.
The post holder will work onsite across the two sites - Kentwood centre, Kingsdale Road, Penge, SE20 7PR and Poverest centre, Poverest Road, Orpington, BR5 2DQ but mainly be based at the Kentwood Centre.
If you are an experienced tutor in these areas, or have some management experience already, then we would love to hear from you. You will be highly interested in all things digital and have a strong desire to improve the digital skills of local residents by creating an exciting and innovative curriculum. You will demonstrate excellent digital skills of your own (Microsoft Office, Google Suite); have strong knowledge of current developments in digital and employability skills, and an understanding of the new Essential Digital Skills qualifications. You may have some experience of helping people into work and developing a programme of employability courses that will support this.
Being a key member of the college management team means working with the other CDMs and senior leaders to plan, develop and deliver high quality courses and supporting your team of tutors to do the same. We are looking for someone who can make a real difference to all our students and staff in the ever changing, fast paced environment of adult learning.
This is a part time post, 21 hours per week x 52 weeks (with holiday allowance). Salary £39,667 pro rata.
Please see the job description and person specification for more information about the skills, abilities and knowledge required to fulfil this role.
Closing Date Friday 1st July 2022. Interviews will be held at the Kentwood Centre Thursday 7th July 2022.
If you would like an informal chat about the position, please contact Agnes Jeary at firstname.lastname@example.org
BAEC celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both existing employees and applicants.
Sessional Tutors - various vacancies
As a sessional tutor, you can inspire individuals and communities and have real impact on people’s life chances.
There has never been a better time to join BAEC. We continue to successfully develop online courses and we run a full programme in our centres At Kentwood in Penge and Poverest in Orpington. You can work flexibly and combine teaching with your own projects. If you are an experienced professional in your subject area, and can demonstrate sound teaching skills, we offer excellent employee benefits, ongoing support and training opportunities to develop your teaching practice. We welcome applications from suitably qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Our students are keen to learn and we are keen to meet their needs. We plan courses in the daytime and in the evenings so we are especially happy to receive applications that help us strengthen our evening curriculum. If you have any questions regarding a specific vacancy, email email@example.com
We have vacancies in the following subjects for tutors to start in September 2022.
- ESOL - Our ESOL provision is growing, vacancies are available daytime and evening in various settings across the Borough of Bromley.
- IT and computing - we are especially looking for flexible individuals looking to teach a variety of short and longer courses including basic digital skills, Microsoft or Google software, community workshops and support learners with online learning.
- French - we would like to appoint an French native speaker to add to our existing team. Candidates need to be able to travel within Bromley and teach at both the Kentwood and Poverest centres, as well as being available in the evening. MFL teaching experience required , although not necessarily in ACL settings. The vacancy includes teaching on Culture et Société, our highest level course.
- Counselling and wellbeing - we need qualified and experienced professionals to join our team of tutors teaching introductory and accredited courses in counselling (level 1 and 2 with potential to develop higher level courses) as well as community workshops.
- English - All levels up to GCSE
- Maths - All levels up to GCSE
- Health and Care
Salary range: £25.48 – £33.38 per hour, depending on qualification and subject/level taught
Please note – Tutors teaching in community outreach provision must be able to travel between various centres and community venues in the whole of the London Borough of Bromley.
Download the application form, job description and person specification:
Email us your completed application and monitoring form. Applications are ongoing.