About us Menu
Come and work for Bromley Adult Education College
Part-time Caretaker (Lettings) - Kentwood
Salary grade: BR5, salary £23,423-24,843 pro-rata. Part time: minimum of one evening per week for 3.75 hours (32 weeks per year).
We are excited to be advertising for the position of Part-time Caretaker (Lettings) at Bromley Adult Education College (BAEC). We are seeking to recruit a reliable and self-motivated person to undertake caretaking duties as required.
The successful candidate will be required to work a minimum of one evening per week (Tuesday or Thursday) for 3.75 hours, 32 weeks per year (time time). This may increase to reflect the needs of the business.
The post is based primarily at BAEC, Kentwood Centre, Kingsdale Road, Penge, SE20 7PR with the possibility of working at Poverest Centre, Poverest Road, Orpington, BR5 2DQ if required.
Sessional Tutors - various vacancies across different curriculum areas
As a sessional tutor, you can inspire individuals and communities and have real impact on people’s life chances.
There has never been a better time to join BAEC. We continue to successfully develop online courses and we run a full programme in our centres, at Kentwood in Penge and Poverest in Orpington. You can work flexibly and combine teaching with your own projects. If you are an experienced professional in your subject area, and can demonstrate sound teaching skills, we offer excellent employee benefits, ongoing support and training opportunities to develop your teaching practice. We welcome applications from suitably qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Our students are keen to learn and we are keen to meet their needs. We plan courses in the daytime and in the evenings so we are especially happy to receive applications that help us strengthen our evening curriculum. If you have any questions regarding a specific vacancy, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have vacancies in the following subjects
- ESOL - Our ESOL provision is growing, vacancies are available daytime and evening in various settings across the Borough of Bromley.
- Digital Skills - we are especially looking for flexible individuals looking to teach a variety of short and longer courses including basic digital skills, Microsoft or Google software, community workshops and support learners with online learning.
- Employability skills
- Spanish - we would like to appoint native speakers to add to our existing team. Candidates need to be able to travel within Bromley and teach at both the Kentwood and Poverest centres, as well as being available in the evening. MFL teaching experience required , although not necessarily in ACL settings.
- Counselling and wellbeing - we need qualified and experienced professionals to join our team of tutors teaching introductory and accredited courses in counselling (level 1 and 2 with potential to develop higher level courses) as well as community workshops.
- English - All levels up to GCSE
- Maths - All levels up to GCSE
- Health and Care
- Cookery for a range of culinary courses ranging from beginners to more advanced cooks
- Drawing and Painting for a variety of techniques and artistic interests
Salary range: £29.38 – £32.43 per hour, depending on qualification and subject/level taught
Please note – Tutors teaching in community outreach provision must be able to travel between various centres and community venues in the whole of the London Borough of Bromley.
Download the application form, job description and person specification:
Email us your completed application and monitoring form. Applications are ongoing.
Volunteer with BAEC
Would you like to develop new skills in supporting learning and perhaps take the first step towards a new career? Are you an existing learner able to support other students? Do you have experience in the classroom or an interest in education? If you would like to volunteer with BAEC, please contact email@example.com to find out more about our opportunities and progression pathways.