How to enrol

Enrol Online

You can enrol on most Bromley Adult Education courses online, paying by either credit or debit card. You can access this service by clicking on the Course List link. Here you can see all of the courses we have on offer, check availability, book onto and pay for courses. Enrolment is quick and easy, and if you do not need to discuss the courses that you want to do, it is a great way to enrol. Of course, if you would prefer to talk to someone, the enrolment team is still here to help, but we hope that this way of enrolling will be useful to both existing and new students.

Existing students will be able to log straight into the Course List service using their email address and requesting a new password if this is the first time using the system since June 2019. If you need to request a new password, or you cannot remember your password, click the Forgotten Password link or email us at enquiries and we will be able to generate a password reset screen. You will then be able to change this to your own password the next time that you access the service.

If you have not previously enrolled with BAEC, you can create a new learner account on screen before selecting and paying for your courses.

Please note that if you have a credit on your account and you want to use it as part-payment for a new course, you cannot enrol online and you will need to contact us, using one of the methods below.

If you would like to talk to a member of the enrolment team about online enrolment or any other issue, please give us a call on 020 8659 7976 Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. You can also email 

Telephone enrolments 0208 659 7976 , Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

FULL payment to be made by credit/debit card. Please have your card available when you telephone.

Postal enrolments

Payment can be made by credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to London Borough of Bromley). Send a completed enrolment form to: Bromley Adult Education College, The Kentwood Centre, Kingsdale Road, London SE20 7PR.

We cannot accept postal enrolments for accredited courses.

Enrolment in person

You will need to complete an enrolment form and pay the appropriate fee – cash, credit/debit card, cheque or postal order (made payable to London Borough of Bromley). You can enrol for any course at The Kentwood Centre, Kingsdale Road, London SE20 7PR or The Poverest Centre, Poverest Road, Orpington BR5 2DQ during term time. You may also need to provide proof of eligibility and/or proof of benefit entitlement. Please ring the Kentwood centre 0208 6597976 or the Poverest centre 01689 822886 for a list of acceptable documents.


Enrolments cannot be transferred between students. Transfers between courses will normally incur an administration charge of £10.

FULL Courses

We advise you to enrol early to secure your place. If you are interested in joining a course which is already full, please contact our administration team and your name will be added to the waiting list. If sufficient demand is identified, we will endeavour to put on additional courses where possible.

Unique Learner Number
NB – Unique Learner Numbers (ULN) are not the same as BAEC Learner ID numbers.

The Unique Learner Number (ULN) is a 10-digit reference number which is used alongside and to access the Personal Learning Record of anyone over the age of 13 involved in UK education or training.
Learners will retain the same number for accessing their Personal Learning Record throughout their lives, whatever their level of learning and wherever they choose to participate in education, training and learning.

The Learning Records Service (LRS) is operated by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) for learners aged 14 years and over and learners registering for relevant post-14 qualifications. The LRS offers a Learner Registration Service to allocate Unique Learner Numbers (ULNs) that enable the individual to access a Learner Record Service. The Learner Record Service will offer the learner the facility to access their participation and achievement data via a website and to share this with other organisations and individuals where permission is granted.

The LRS will allow those organisations listed on section 537A of the Education Act (, to use the Unique Learner Number as a key to sharing participation and achievement data in a consistent and approved manner, promoting good information management practice. All organisations that will have access to the information you provide are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998. At no time will your personal information be passed to organisations for marketing or sales purposes.

You are not able to opt out of having a ULN created, but individuals can opt-out of sharing participation and achievement data with those organisations listed in section 537A of the Education Act. Details of opting-out of data sharing can be found at or by telephoning the LRS helpdesk on 0345 6022589.