About us Menu
Come and teach for Bromley Adult Education College
The pandemic has affected us all - help BAEC retrain and upskill local adults who have lost, or are at risk of losing their livelihood. As a sessional tutor, you can inspire individuals and communities and have real impact on people’s life chances.
There has never been a better time to join BAEC. We continue to successfully develop online courses and we run a full programme in our centres in 2021-22. You can work flexibly and combine teaching with your own projects. If you are an experienced professional in your subject area, and can demonstrate sound teaching skills, we offer excellent employee benefits, ongoing support and training opportunities to develop your teaching practice. We welcome applications from suitably qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Our students are keen to learn and we are keen to meet their needs. We plan courses in the daytime and in the evenings so we are especially happy to receive applications that help us strengthen our evening curriculum. If you have any questions regarding a specific vacancy, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have vacancies in the following subjects for tutors to start in late Autumn 2021 or Spring 2022.
- Spanish - we would like to appoint an Spanish native speaker to add to our existing team. Candidates need to be able to travel within Bromley and teach at both the Kentwood and Poverest centres, as well as being available in the evening. MFL teaching experience required , although not necessarily in ACL settings.
- Counselling and wellbeing - we need qualified and experienced professionals to join our team of tutors teaching introductory and accredited courses in counselling (level 1 and 2 with potential to develop higher level courses) as well as community workshops.
- IT and computing - we are especially looking for flexible individuals looking to teach a variety of short and longer courses including basic digital skills, Microsoft or Google software, community workshops and support learners with online learning.
- ESOL - Our ESOL provision is growing, so vacancies are available daytime and evening in various settings across the Borough of Bromley.
- English - All levels up to GCSE
- Maths - All levels up to GCSE
- Health and Care
Salary range: £25.48 – £33.38 per hour, depending on qualification and subject/level taught
Please note – Tutors teaching in community outreach provision must be able to travel between various centres and community venues in the whole of the London Borough of Bromley.
Download the application form, monitoring form, the job description and personal specification:
Email us your completed application and monitoring form. Applications are ongoing.